Idoma Union United Kingdom (IDUUK) is committed to protecting your privacy and being transparent about what information it may hold about you. This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data IDUUK collects from you or that you provide to IDUUK is collected and processed, whether online (through https://idomaunion.org.uk/), via telephone, email, in letters, or from third parties.
Please read the following carefully to understand IDUUK practices regarding your personal data and how it will be use.
Information we may collect
IDUUK may collect and process the personal data you provided when filling out membership forms to join IDUUK, posting materials on IDUUK social media platforms, or requesting further services. The information includes:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Details of next of Kin
- Email (for login)
- Telephone number
- Emergency contact details of next of kin
- Dietary requirements
- Telephone number
We may also obtain information from publicly available news articles or open social media posts such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Telegraph, WhatsApp, etc.
How your personal information may be used:
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To enhance content on our website and its technical performance
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- To invite you to events run by us or our co-partners
- To administer your membership and notify you about changes to our services
- To approach you for charitable funding, including administering your donations including processing Gift Aid (we do not store or otherwise process your credit or debit card details)
Our processing of your personal data is legitimate because we need to hold and use your data to perform our obligations to members. Our processing of your information (including data received from third parties) is lawful because it is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by IDUUK/or our web developers to keep the site up to date, organize events and functions, and provide additional services to IDUUK members from time to time.